Fragile 3PL Specialists upgrade WMS to help expansion plans
Fragile 3PL retail specialists PDS Direct were initially established in 1979 as a courier before investing heavily in the Logistics sector. Now after 19 years of consecutive growth, PDS has 74 staff and a fleet of 59 vehicles.
Their 52,000sq.ft. warehouse is ISO.9001:200 certified, and has a ‘TAPA B’ security certification. Their customer base has grown due to their attention to detail and dedicated service. Working as partners their customers receive 100 % assurance that their goods are delivered efficiently and effectively.
Due to new customer gains and in order for PDS to expand their warehousing services a decision was made to upgrade their warehouse management software for a new state of the art system. Accuracy and efficiency gains were two of the main drivers for the change of WMS, however they also needed specific functions that delivered:
- location control – identifying where stock items are stored
- dynamic locations – to optimise space for bulk stock
- receipts and put away – speeds up processes and frees up stock for picking
- stock take – speedy, accurate and efficient stock takes
- stock rotation – ensuring correct rotation of stock
- integration to their existing back office system
- integration to their clients’ financial systems
After a thorough search of the market they decided the best fit for their operation was the Proteus RF WMS as it ticked all their requirements. From the outset the two companies worked closely together to ensure that the WMS processes achieved the operational requirements as set out in the initial requirements document. PDS underwent a period of testing and training to ensure there was no impact on the company’s 24/7 operation before going live.
Sanderson look forward to working with PDS Direct for many years to come, and are delighted to welcome PDS to the growing list of Proteus WMS users.